Monday, October 5, 2009

Twice in One Day


Enjoy it folks; I doubt I'll not be blogging twice a day unless we discover it cures cancer, will make me filthy stinking rich...or brings Jack Kerouac back from the dead. Man that would be cool.

I have been here one week, and about this time, I ought to be, well, would usually be, second guessing myself in matters great and small. Everything from coming at all, mixed with a little what's the meaning of life, and let's not forget, umm, well, everything else I guess: past, present and future concerns. I'll admit, coming out here has brought great elation, but also some trepidation. There's an evil voice of self doubt that asks me what the hell makes me think I've got what it takes. There is evidence to suggest I have what it takes, but I'll freely admit that I don't always know the answer to that question. Acts of bravery and performance happen in the moment, and only in the moment. So, what will be will be and at any moment you are as prepared as you are ever going to be for the task at hand. So buck up! Negativity is not what I want to be about any more, so what I'm doing instead is paying attention to what has been accomplished so far, counting my blessings to find out how rich I really am if you will.

I've been blessed...

- to have moved here at all. (okay, that one is rather obvious, but for me it means following and being proactive in my destiny and walking through doors that God has opened, most graciously I might add. That's kind of a big deal, and not easily decided on.)
-integrated with a host family who is completely comfortable with me being here, which in and of itself is nothing short of providential.
-to have made it to my first class of the, "semester." It was a creative experience in which eight students wrote a page of script and performed it in cold read fashion with each other. It was very rewarding. Taught by James Arlen, it is not to be missed; I think, based on my first meeting with him, he is a gifted director. A little nicer than what I'm used to, but hey, no one's perfect. ;)
-to have made it to the beach(see photos).
-to have been exercising regularly (this means swimming, walking, stretching, and good ol' calisthenics.) My hip flexor remains displeased, so I see a lot of swimming and little running in my future(for now), which is ok actually.
-to have meaningful interaction(s) with every member of my host family
-to have achieved my goal of emailing almost every contact from IMTA I'd have wanted to get in touch with, minus one, who's address I'll have soon enough.
-to have had a great sense of peace throughout this process
-to have started juggling again and working on new tricks even.
-to have found the literature that will help me with the next step of finding an agent
-to have prayed more
-to have asked myself bigger more challenging questions about life, love, and other miseries, mysteries, I meant mysteries. :)

They're adding up now. There are others, but my point here is that you don't have to look far to see numerous accomplishments; you do need to know where to look.
This week will be challenging for me on this front as I look for the right work and representation. At times, I know I'll feel doubtful, frustrated and impatient, but I also know that if I'm patient, abiding in Love, and keep my perspective, I'll be able to right a blog similar to this a week from now.

Thought: Unremarkable moments are still moments nonetheless, and great lives are full of them too. Goodnight, and God bless you.
jD

2 comments:

  1. YES!!!! You have what it takes!!!!
    And NO, do not bring Jack K. back from the dead, for lo, he has been dead these many days, and he stinketh.
    : ) HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But he could stay in my room...

    ReplyDelete