Saturday, October 31, 2009

Current Events


This one has to be shorter(sigh of relief from the audience) than most others, but you can count on me to share some deeper thoughts later.

So, this week I stayed pretty busy.

I went out on an infomercial audition in Studio City. It was for the shake weight; if I don't get a callback I may be dodging a Freudian bullet of sorts. Google the shake weight, and you'll see what I mean.

I attended both classes, which were great as always. I have more homework this time, and I've been invited to take a more active role in the development of a film that is being spawned from the class at Discovery management; James has noticed and appreciates that I put more time and depth of thought into my writing for the class, so we met privately Friday to brainstorm. I'm excited, because we, the members of this class, will be making an ensemble short film, I'm guessing, in early 2010. James is very outside the box and has good directing chops; I think it will be a pleasure working with him

I was a guest during a couple hours worth of voice over production at 5 guys named Moe, inc. Didn't realize it at the time, but the woman speaking into the microphone for the Anime feature was none other than Debi Derryberry, the voice talent behind Jimmy Neutron.

On Monday of next week, I have a meeting with Penny at Rage Talent to discuss fit modeling.

On Wednesday, I have an improv audition at L.A. Connection Comedy Theatre. It's a 90 minute audition, so I'll be doing some sharpening up, maybe watch a bit of Who's Line Is It Anyway? beforehand.

Next week, I'm doing a mailing to CD's and agents and printing a new round of headshots; you just can't have enough of those.

And it doesn't look like I got the job as a personal assistant to Charlie, but I won't give up all hope until next week. They didn't actually say when they'd be making their final decision, but I know they were looking to fill the position soon and had the last of their interviews this past week. Maybe they'll be thinking it over during the weekend. In the meantime, there's a lot more searching of craigslist.com to be done, and I have a substitute teaching app to turn in next week as well.

Oh, and more exciting news, I'm attending a salute to 80's comedy at the Television Academy on November 16th.

No comments:

Post a Comment